Thursday, September 29, 2011

Post 1- 9/29/11

Tech Tip:
Locking Your Computer
-I love having the ability to lock my computer when I leave it for a second.  In class whether I get up to ask a question or leave the room to use the bathroom, I simply press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and an option to lock my computer comes up.  Now no one can use my computer unless they enter my username and password. 
http://www.clickonf5.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lock-computer.gif
Class Reflection:
Clinicals
-In Nursing we spend two days a week at Women and Babies Hospital.  This week I was able to spend five hours in the OR watching a Total Abdominal hysterectomy.  It was one of the most interesting and complex things I had ever watched.  I liked watching the surgery, but I could never be an OR nurse.  They have a lot of responsibilities but for most of the surgery they are standing still.  I am one of those people that needs to be constantly on the move.  I am better skilled to be a floor nurse, helping several patients and having several responsibilities. Also I really hated wearing those facemasks. I could barely breath and I was wearing one for five hours!
http://healthsciencetechnology.wikispaces.com/file/view/operating-room.jpg/196272062/operating-room.jpg
Class Topic:
Blogging
-I am completely new to blogging.  It is scary and exciting. Its intriguing how all of my classmates and I can blog and read eachothers entries as well as comment. This is my very first blog and I am still unsure if I am doing it correctly.  Lets hope so.
http://www.buzzmarketingwithblogs.com/images/uploads/blogging_for_dummies.jpg
Favorite Animal:
Puma
-The Puma is also known as the Cougar, Panther or Mountain Lion. This is my favorite animal because it is a huge and powerful cat.  I have two cats, Roxy and Robot, whom I love and they are fierce housecats, if that is even possible.  I believe that housecats are lions at heart.  I've always thought that if I were reincarnated I would want to come back as a cat.  They do what they want when they want.
Puma


Roxy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Morgan, that's s GREAT first blog......geez. Locking my computer is something I never actually thought about doing before, but I can now see that it is a useful tool.
    I agree with you, I would not want to work in the OR room for a living.I liked your choice for an animal. I almost chose a jaguar, a similar cat that is pound for pound, the strongest cat alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan, for a beginner this was an awesome blog! I have to commend you for wanting to be a nurse. It takes a special person to be in the "trenches" of patient care. I, on the other hand, am better suited as a surgical tech. I prefer my patients to be asleep :)

    ReplyDelete