Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Morgan's Blog Week 6

Tech Tip:
Alt+F4

This is used to close out of a program.  It is nice  when you don't have to find the mouse and search for the red X. Its simple and easy and I use it often.

http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/34217/128/close_delete_remove_icon

Class Reflection:
MTM Boys:  Benjamin, Jacob and Mason
Point Pleasant

This week for clinicals I have my rotation at a place called Point Pleasant. It is a Pediatric Special Care Center in lancaster for assisted living. Most of these kids have diseases where they can't walk, talk, eat, or breath on their own.  It was both interesting and scary to start my rotation here.  It is definitely a learning experience.


Class Topic:
PowerPoint

We were taught this week how to effectively use PowerPoint.  I use it all the time, but Mrs. Myers going over the details was extremely helpful.  I have used a PP Slideshow for almost every class since middle school.  It is super useful for getting your point across in an organized and asthetically pleasing way.

PowerPoint
Effective vs. Boring

I have definitely sat through some extremely boring PP Presentations.  Fortunately I have also seen some really nice ones.  When I make PP's I make sure to keep it short and sweet.  You don't just want to read off your slides.  You also don't want to put too much information on your slides or your viewers will spend too much time reading and not enough time listening to what you have to say.  You also want it to be pretty, but not obnoxious.  The people that have presentations with tons of pictures, moving objects, blinking text, multiple colors and fonts, and seizure causing transitions lose their audience almost imediately. I enjoy using PP and like when my viewers say that it was easy to follow and nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment